What type of personal information we collect
Avalanche undertakes to collect your personal information only where it is necessary for the purposes of providing our services and where requested distributing newsletters, licensing our services, updating our services and responding to sales and technical queries.
In most circumstances this information will be limited to your contact details, including but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, company name, company tax numner, company address, your job title and phone numbers. Where orders are made online using credit card details, all information is securely transmitted in an encrypted format to Avalanche or its designated payment services provider.
When we collect personal information
Avalanche collects personal information when you complete one of the following actions:
- Create a user account for an Avalanche service;
- Subscribe to an Avalanche service;
- Start a free trial of an Avalanche service;
- Make an enquiry about an Avalanche service;
- Apply to test a prerelease version of an Avalanche service;
- Apply to become a reseller or affiliate of an Avalanche service;
- Apply to receive a newsletter related to an Avalanche service;
- Lodge a technical support query regarding an Avalanche service;
- Participate in Avalanche promotional activities or surveys;
- Forward information to us in an email ro as a hard copy document; and
- Other circumstances where collecting personal information is reasonable and permitted by the Laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
How we manage personal information
Avalanche undertakes to take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information collected by us is accurate, up-to-date, complete and stored securely on a system that is not accessible directly from public networks.
When your personal information is no longer required for the purposes which Avalanche uses personal information, all commercially reasonable steps will be undertaken to securely destroy that information.
How your personal information will be used
Avalanche may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- Marketing Avalanche services;
- Fulfilling subscriptions to Avalanche services;
- Providing updates about Avalanche services;
- Responding to enquiries about Avalanche services; and
- Fulfilling all legal requirements of Avalanche with respect to your personal information.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Avalanche considers personal information we collect about you to be confidential and will not disclose such information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented to your personal information being provided to a third party;
- Where Avalanche is required by law to disclose your information; and
- Where Avalanche discloses personal information to the related entities of Avalanche.
Gaining access to your personal information held by Avalanche
Except in circumstances where access to your personal information may be denied by the Privacy Act or other Law of the State of Victoria, Australia, your personal information will be provided to you upon request to Avalanche’s Privacy Officer. Please find contact details for our Privacy Officer below.
Correcting your personal information held by Avalanche
Avalanche appreciates you informing us if you have reason to believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or not updated.
Privacy office contact details
Should you have any queries in relation to the above or require further information regarding Avalanche’s collection, use and storage of your personal information please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Officer at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Avalanche Online Pty Ltd
25 Coreen Avenue
Beaumaris VIC 3193